Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HEALTH- CHINESE MEDICINE



The good, bad and the ugly

During my recent trip to Asia. I decided to indulge in one of my favorite past times, Chinese medical treatments- This time was no exception. After a long flight and an intense Hong Kong schedule. I was looking forward to my next destination, Shanghai, where I would make certain to experience the local clinic “scene.” After touring some serious luxury 5 star spas, I was more ready for a no nonsense approach to combat my inherit ant ‘low chi’. My concierge sent me to his clinic where hopped into a cab in search of the holy grail of Chinese treatments. Initially, I went in for acupuncture written in Chinese by the concierge only to receive an intense a cupping sessions that left me black and blue up for days (see image). The next day I went back for my acupuncture session with a Chinese Doctor in his 70’s with a hearing aid. As I explained to his assistant everything I was experiencing he seemed to know where the source of my issues stemmed from. And, rather and doing the usual song and dance he went in for the kill---- right to my lower back only hitting on these nerves but digging into with all his might- I have never screamed during an acupuncture session, but I guess there is a first time for everything. All the while the Doctor was speaking rapidly to his assistant who exaggerated movements and gestures about my condition while laughing. At this point he applied an electronic frequency or and told me to let him know when I was numb….I thought to myself make certain feelings in my limbs. I could just image the stupid tourist leaving paralyzed? After a few of hours of leaving mentally and emotionally traumatized, I slowly began to feel my back completely opened up and FREE….woweee…If only we could find this ruthless genius doctor in all ports of call…. He wasn’t scared to go to the root of the problem- which between said it was caused from being tired…almost too much to comprehend!

No comments:

Post a Comment